Things to see and do
Unfortunately due to Covid-19 safety measures, these activities are currently not available.
We have lots of great things to see and do. So, whether you’d like to immerse yourself in history and enjoy a spot of dress-up with the kids, or prefer to find a quiet corner to enjoy a coffee, there’s something to suit everyone.
- Dress up as a monk: Our Christian Heritage Gallery on the ground floor will let you experience first-hand how these holy men lived and worked back in the day.
- Be a Viking: Grab a helmet and shield and get a sense of what it was like to live as a warrior in our replica Viking longhouse.
- Biodiversity play area: Located on the ground floor, our interactive play area is aimed at children aged eight years and under and will keep young minds (and hands!) suitably busy.
- Free kids’ activities: Children can enjoy playing dress-up in our range of costumes and we have lots of activity sheets and story books to keep them occupied as well.
- Explorer’s Pack: Borrow one of our special Explorer’s Packs and take it outside to discover all sorts of interesting facts about the trees and wildlife in Castle Park.
- Reading corner: For some quiet time, visit our reading corner in the café, where you’ll find plenty of books and the perfect place to read them on our special tree trunk seats.