Get Involved with the Museum
Donate an object
North Down Museum welcomes offers of relevant material to our collections to help us tell local stories. However, it’s important that we don’t duplicate items or accept objects which fall outside our Collecting Policy.
If you have any materials that you think we would find interesting, please contact us in advance before visiting. If possible, we would like to know some information about the piece and see a photo beforehand, as this will help us to advise you on whether to bring it into the museum for a closer examination.
If we accept your object, please note that it may not immediately go on display but it will be carefully stored and recorded in our database. It may be drawn upon for special exhibitions or lent to other Accredited museums and it will also be available for research, study and education purposes.
Sometimes an object is useful for work with education groups, in which case, it will form part of our handling collection.
Our staff will be able to advise you of alternative options if we are unable to accept your offer.
If you are considering offering an object to us as a donation, please contact us at: email@example.com
Please note that we cannot give the valuation of any object.
Exhibit your own work
North Down Museum is currently inviting local groups or individuals to submit applications to exhibit work in their café gallery space during 2024.
The Cafe Gallery
This space is available to local artists (individuals or groups) either professional or amateur to display their artwork in our busy cafe. The gallery has a wall hanging system for artwork and 7 display cases (4 are 30cm high, 2 are 65cm high and 1 is 25cm high) which are suitable for 3 dimensional exhibitions. Artists will have to opportunity to sell the work displayed in this gallery.
- Only those individuals/groups who apply will be eligible to hold an exhibition in the museum gallery.
- Only groups/individuals that are based in North Down and Ards may apply. (If a group is applying at least one member of the group must be based in North Down and/or Ards).
- It is preferable that the exhibition will reflect upon or link to some aspect of North Down and/or Ards.
- Any pieces that are to be hung must be framed, strung and/or able to be hung on the wall.
- Any pieces that are to go in cases must be able to fit in the cases provided.
Procedure to apply
Please download and complete the below application form.
Completed forms should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by hand or by post to:
North Down Museum, Town Hall, The Castle, Bangor, BT20 4BT
Deadline: Friday 1 September