Arts Centre Opening Hours and Accessibility
In line with the NI Executive Regulations announced on 14 October, Ards Arts Centre will close from 16 October 2020 for a period of four weeks (subject to review).
Please check back for further updates. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Planning your visit to Ards Arts Centre
The opening times for our two art galleries (the Georgian Gallery and Sunburst Gallery), along with our box office hours, are detailed below for your information, so you can more easily plan your visit.
Ards Arts Centre gallery opening hours:
- Temporarily closed
During our term times, Ards Arts Centre is open in the evenings to accommodate various classes and events. If you would like to visit our galleries on a weekday evening, please contact us during office hours to find out when we will be open.
Ards Arts Centre office/box office hours:
- Monday – Thursday: 9.30am – 4.30pm
NB Ards Arts Centre is closed on Saturdays and Sundays and during public holidays.
Where can you find us?
Ards Arts Centre is located in the beautifully restored Georgian Town Hall building in the centre of Newtownards, in Conway Square.
NB Newtownards town centre has a one-way traffic system, so you’ll easily spot our building on the way round.
Ards Arts Centre
Town Hall, Conway Square
Newtownards, Co Down
Located in the centre of Newtownards, Ards Arts Centre is just a few minutes’ walk from the main public car parks. Parking bays are also available throughout the town centre, though parking restrictions apply for these.
If you have any questions about car parking, please contact us in advance of your visit and we will be happy to advise.
Works to improve accessibility at Arts Arts Centre will take place from March – April 2020.
With this in mind, if you’re planning to attend an event, exhibition or class at Ards Arts Centre and have any particular accessibility requirements, please contact us in advance on 028 9181 0803 or email: email@example.com so we can ensure that everything is in place for an enjoyable visit.
Current accessibility (before April 2020):
- Guide Dogs, Hearing Dogs and Registered Assistance Dogs are welcome to our building.
- Wheelchair access is available throughout the public areas of the building on the ground and first floors.
- A lift is available from the ground floor up to the first floor.
- An accessible toilet is available on the ground floor and is fitted with a Radar Lock.
- There is an Audio Induction Loop System in Room 1.
Accessibility improvements to be completed by the end of April 2020:
- Improvements to our accessible toilet.
- Improvements to the front reception desk/box office.
- Front doors fitted with push-button accessible opening.
- Audio Induction Loop System fitted in public spaces throughout the building.
Buddy card scheme
If you have a disability and require assistance to attend events, then you can apply for a Buddy Card which allows the ‘Buddy’ of your choice to accompany you for free. At Ards and North Down Borough Council, we encourage people with a disability to attend our arts and heritage events and we hope our Buddy Card scheme makes doing so a little easier.
You can pick up a Buddy Card application pack at the following venues:
- Ards Arts Centre
- North Down Museum
- Any of Ards and North Down Borough Council’s Visitor Information Centres.
You can also request a Buddy Card application pack by contacting Ards Arts Centre on 028 9181 0803 or emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org