Moving on Music’s Middle-Aisle presents TRÚ
The trύ was a mythological trio of poet-musicians in Ancient Ulster. They were revered throughout Ireland with some believing that their stories and song came to them from the future. Others maintained that the trύ were possessed by spirits during their performances. As such, they were considered gatekeepers to the Otherworld.
It’s from this legend that Northern Irish trio TRÚ draw their inspiration. Donal Kearney, Zach Trouton and Michael Mormecha are all unique and talented artists in their own right, but their collective chemistry has been bewitching audiences with powerful storytelling and songcraft.
From Gaelic Waulking songs and Scots lullabies to vengeful Japanese spirits and other mysterious characters, their debut album ‘No Fixed Abode’ draws from centuries of folklore in Ireland, Great Britain and beyond. These are stories told with a contemporary voice. There is nothing traditional about TRÚ except the songs themselves.
Expect an enchanting evening of music, story, song and ethereal vocal harmonies.
Important Ticketing and Seating Information
Tickets and Seating
- To keep you as safe as possible under current guidelines, we have restricted audience numbers with socially distanced seating.
- You can book a maximum of six (6) tickets and your seats will be allocated together as a bubble at the door on a first come, first served basis.
- Please ensure you book as a group for the people you intend to come with. You will not be able to add to your group after tickets are booked.
- You will be required to provide a valid email address and/or telephone number for each attendee at the time of booking for Track and Trace purposes. This email address will also be used if we are required to contact you with important information before the event.
Help us to stop the spread of Covid-19
- Please wear a mask while you are queuing to enter the event, walking to your allocated bubble, moving around the building, and exiting the event.
- You do not have to wear a mask while seated in your bubble during the event, however if you wish to keep your mask on for the duration of the event then you are welcome to do so.
- If you have any symptoms of Covid-19, have tested positive, or have been in recent contact with anyone who has tested positive, please do not attend the event.
- Regular rapid lateral flow testing is strongly recommended up to 24hrs prior to attending this event. For more information see: http://www.ardsandnorthdown.gov.uk/lateralflowtests
- We continually monitor guidelines and will make any necessary changes accordingly.
2 hours approx
Getting to TRÚ