On 16th October 1935 a group of enthusiastic theatrical Bangorians led by J. Edwin Haire and Edgar Goodley formed Bangor Drama Club. Meeting in The Singing Kettle and the New Downshire Hotel they read plays before entering their first festival, the Belfast Dramatic Feis of 1937. The scene was set and from then on, the Club has produced hundreds of plays and readings covering every genre.
Follow them through the decades in this exhibition as successive generations of talented amateurs have entertained not only their local community but audiences throughout Britain and Ireland and as far afield as Japan, Florida and Milwaukee USA.
Getting to Bangor Drama Club Through the Decades
North Down Museum
Castle Park Avenue