Learn the skills of Silversmithing and make your own silver jewellery with Diane Lyness.
Under the guidance of Diane, you will learn a variety of jewellery techniques including soldering, piercing, shaping, texturing metal and polishing. During the term, participants will work through the design and creation of a piece or pieces of jewellery.
If you have attended previous workshops this is a great opportunity to build on the skills you already have.
Suitable for all levels including beginners with no previous jewellery experience
Materials and tools included. Tools/Materials will not be shared during class at this time and must be cleaned before and after each use.
Basic materials including copper sheet and wire will be given as part of the class.
Individuals may wish to purchase precious metal and stones, etc along the way.
Terms and conditions
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable, so please check all details carefully when booking.
- Class / workshop bookings are taken on a first come first serve basis.
- All classes and workshops must be booked in advance and fees are payable in full.
- We make a decision on whether to run a course / workshop one week before the start date. Please help us to help you by enrolling promptly.
- Participants will be required to bring their own materials, unless otherwise stated.
- As we have set up and cleaning time between each class, we ask that participants do not arrive more than 15 minutes prior to the class start time.
Tools and basic materials provided
Getting to Silversmithing techniques
Ards Arts Centre